The external exposed cargo includes a Flex Hose Rotary Coupler and Cargo Transport Container. These spare parts will be transferred to External Logistics Carrier 4 after it is installed during the Discovery STS-133 mission.
The pressurized cargo space is carrying 2,928 kilograms of supplies and equipment:
- 630 kilograms of crew provisions
- 1,626 kilograms of research equipment and supplies
- 609 kilograms) of station hardware
- 49 kilograms of computers and supplies
- 14 kilograms of spacewalking equipment and supplies
Among the new research equipment will be the Japanese Kobairo gradient heating furnace for generating high-quality crystals from melting materials, an Amine Swingbed technology demonstration that will look at ways to revitalize the air on space vehicles, and the International Space Station Agricultural Camera, which will take frequent images, in visible and infrared light, of vegetated areas on the Earth.