By Dale Skran, NSS Executive VP and Chair of NSS Policy Committee
NSS, the Alliance for Space Development, and the Space Frontier Foundation are sponsoring March Storm 2018, the premier citizen space related Washington visit event, March 11-15. Participants are asked to commit to a minimum of 2 days of Congressional visits. Training will prepare you to meet with Congresspersons and staffers even if you have no prior experience.
Please sign up at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/march-storm-2018-tickets-41513120862.
March Storm 2018 will be advancing the 2018 Alliance for Space Development objectives:
- Establish an Ultra Low Cost Access to Space (ULCATS) program based on public-private partnership and streamlined governmental policy and regulations (see DRAFT BILL).
- Ensure a gapless transition from ISS to private space stations in LEO, with NASA assisting with development and serving as an early customer (see DRAFT BILL)
- Enable cis-lunar development through a series of programs, such as:
- A public-private partnership to develop and demonstrate a re-usable lander based in cis-lunar space.
- Setting a price that NASA will pay for commodities (water,etc.) at locations in cis-lunar space.
- Purchasing data gathered by private companies on lunar resources (water, etc.).
This year we have decided to request participants pay a $40 registration fee, and we are using Eventbite, a popular and reliable service, to collect the fees. PLEASE NOTE – students are free on display of a student ID card during the training session. Also, if you are unable to pay the $40, scholarships are available. Eventbrite will walk you through the process. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.