A Coalition for Space Exploration survey reports that support for space is strong.
Despite the tough economic climate in the U.S., almost 90 percent of Americans see value in the U.S. space program. A recent survey conducted by the Coalition for Space Exploration proves that space is still very important to the American people.
- 88% value the space exploration program. When presented with basic information about the space program, the overall statistic increases to 96%.
- Value for the program is centered in three areas:
- A source of technological innovation and advancement (77%)
- Consumer product development based on technology used for space exploration (73%)
- Inspiring students to consider careers in science, technology, engineering and math (69%)